The Judges: Old Testament Heroes - 5 Minute Family Devotional
Just starting the Old Testament Heroes plan? Catch up on all 25 family devotionals here.
Read the whole Bible story here: Judges 2:16-23
More Questions for Your Family:
If you want to spend more time talking about what you learned, here’s a place to start.
- Do you know the stories of any of the judges? What about Samson? Or Gideon and the fleece? Look them up in a children’s Bible and read more if you would like to know about their stories.
- The judges helped the Israelites follow God. Can you think of people who help you follow God? Who are they? How do they help you?
Developing a weekly or daily rhythm of prayer with your children can be a powerful thing for them and for you as well. Prayer is a time to be quiet to talk with God, to thankfully reflect on what he has given to you, and to ask for His presence and help where you may need him, and to lift up other friends and family who may need him too. Here are few ideas for praying together as a family.
- Have a quiet moment and remember that God is there with you!
- Look back over what happened today – where were you? Home? School? Church?
- What were the high points of your day? What made you happy today? Did you make someone else happy today? Talk to God and thank him for those things!
- What were the low points of your day? Did anything make you sad? Did you make anyone sad? Remember that God loves you very much and you are so important to God and nothing changes that but you can talk to God about those things.
- Think about the next day – Ask God to be with your family into the next day and to help you know that he is with you in all things.