Saul: Old Testament Heroes - 5 Minute Family Devotional
Just starting the Old Testament Heroes plan? Catch up on all 25 family devotionals here.
Read the whole Bible story here: 1 Samuel 15:10-31
More Questions for Your Family:
- What do you think the story of God removing Saul as king tells us about God’s character, who God is? God wants us to obey him! That it's not about being the fastest, the most popular, the smartest but the one who always says YES to God. The one who is obedient to what God is asking us to do!
- What does it mean to obey God? What are some things that God has asked you to do (Parents a great place to share your story of when you said yes to doing something God asked of you)
- As we meet the flawed heroes of the Old Testament, we see how hard it was for God’s people to obey and follow his commandments. God knew it too! So he sent someone to serve as a sacrifice, to take everyone’s punishment for not following God’s laws - and to give us the righteousness we need to be with God! Who was that person?
Here are a few ideas for praying together as a family! Prayer is an important part of our life with God, and these questions are a great place to start developing a rhythm of prayer in your family.
- Have a quiet moment and remember that God is there with you!
- Look back over what happened today – where were you? Home? School? Church?
- What were the high points of your day? What made you happy today? Did you make someone else happy today? Talk to God and thank him for those things!
- What were the low points of your day? Did anything make you sad? Did you make anyone sad? Remember that God loves you very much and you are so important to God and nothing changes that but you can talk to God about those things.
- Think about the next day – Ask God to be with your family into the next day and to help you know that he is with you in all things.