Jonah: Old Testament Heroes - 5 Minute Family Devotional
Just starting the Old Testament Heroes plan? Catch up with all 25 family devotionals here.
Sign up for JellyTelly to get a free 25-page activity pack to go along with the Old Testament Heroes devotionals or buy the activity pack here for just $1.99!
Read the Bible story here: Jonah 3:1-5
Download a coloring page of Jonah here.
More Questions for Your Family:
Who do you think God wanted to save in the story of Jonah? He had BIG plans for Jonah, but he also cared so much about the city of Nineveh that he rescued Jonah out of the belly of a big fish just to go proclaim the truth about God in a city that didn’t believe in him! Wow. God cares for each of us individually, but he also cares about our community, our city, our country, and our world - God wants everyone to love him and follow him. What are a few things that your family can pray about for your community? List those and say a prayer this week for them.
Here are a few ideas for praying together as a family! Prayer is an important part of our life with God, and these questions are a great place to start developing a rhythm of prayer in your family.
- Have a quiet moment and remember that God is there with you!
- Look back over what happened today – where were you? Home? School? Church?
- What were the high points of your day? What made you happy today? Did you make someone else happy today? Talk to God and thank him for those things!
- What were the low points of your day? Did anything make you sad? Did you make anyone sad? Remember that God loves you very much and you are so important to God and nothing changes that but you can talk to God about those things.
- Think about tomorrow – Ask God to be with your family into the next day and to help you know that he is with you in all things.