Jeroboam & Rehoboam: Old Testament Heroes - 5 Minute Family Devotional
Just starting the Old Testament Heroes plan? Catch up on all 25 family devotionals here.
Read the Bible story here: 1 Kings 12:16-24
More Questions for Your Family:
- Rehoboam didn’t treat people very well and they didn’t want to follow him. Why do you think it’s important to treat people well? (Parents, this goes back to what we learned about Adam - that we are all made in God’s image)
- Which king (Saul, David, Solomon, Jeroboam, Rehoboam) has been most interesting to you and why?
Here are a few ideas for praying together as a family! Prayer is an important part of our life with God, and these questions are a great place to start developing a rhythm of prayer in your family.
- Have a quiet moment and remember that God is there with you!
- Look back over what happened today – where were you? Home? School? Church?
- What were the high points of your day? What made you happy today? Did you make someone else happy today? Talk to God and thank him for those things!
- What were the low points of your day? Did anything make you sad? Did you make anyone sad? Remember that God loves you very much and you are so important to God and nothing changes that but you can talk to God about those things.
- Think about tomorrow – Ask God to be with your family into the next day and to help you know that he is with you in all things.
We'd love to know what you think about the Old Testament Heroes - 5 Minute Family Devotional so far! Please take a minute to fill out our survey below.