Isaiah: Old Testament Heroes - 5 Minute Family Devotional
Just starting the Old Testament Heroes plan? Catch up with all 25 family devotionals here.
Read the Bible story here: Isaiah 6:1-8
More Questions for Your Family:
- How do you think Isaiah felt when God told him that he was sending a Messiah?
- Isaiah spoke truth to the people of Israel because God asked him to - God’s people had turned away from him! Can you think of a time when someone said something true and helpful to you, even if it was hard for you to hear? (Parents, this is a great time to share with your children about a story from your life.)
Here are a few ideas for praying together as a family! Prayer is an important part of our life with God, and these questions are a great place to start developing a rhythm of prayer in your family.
- Have a quiet moment and remember that God is there with you!
- Look back over what happened today – where were you? Home? School? Church?
- What were the high points of your day? What made you happy today? Did you make someone else happy today? Talk to God and thank him for those things!
- What were the low points of your day? Did anything make you sad? Did you make anyone sad? Remember that God loves you very much and you are so important to God and nothing changes that but you can talk to God about those things.
- Think about tomorrow – Ask God to be with your family into the next day and to help you know that he is with you in all things.