How to Grow Your Kids' Faith in 5 Minutes
We all want to raise our kids to love Jesus, understand the Gospel, and live out their faith in a real way. But honestly between driving kids from one place to another, putting in hours at work, feeding and caring for everyone, and tackling the long list of to do’s, it can be challenging to find the time and energy to invest in our kids’ faith - even though we know it’s important. When we are faced with the opportunity, we sometimes don’t even know how to begin. Here are a few ideas to get you started! Whether you have 5 minutes or 30, we hope these tools can become a helpful resource for you and your family to flourish together in your faith.
1. JellyTelly 5 Minute Family Devotionals - These 25 video devotionals are an easy and fun way to help your kids learn about Jesus in just 5 minutes a day! Watch, talk, and pray with your kids as you journey through the Old Testament and learn about the unlikely human heroes of the Old Testament and God - the ultimate hero! Have more than 5 minutes? Each devotional also has a companion blog post with a coloring page as well as more ideas for discussion and prayer.
2. Songs are a fantastic way for you to bring God’s truth into your kids’ daily lives. Some of our favorites include Seeds Family Worship, Yancy and Friends, Slugs & Bugs, Hillsong Kidz, Buck Denver & Friends Sing Through the Bible, TuneTimes, and The Rizers. Most songs average 3-5 minutes making them a quick, easy, and fun option to encourage your kids’ faith!
3. Encourage your kids’ creativity and ask them to Bible Journal a verse you want them to reflect on. Here’s how to get started!
4. Share a Bible Story together, creating a way to unwind from the day and connect as a family before bed. We love Sally Lloyd-Jones’ Jesus Storybook Bible. You can also watch this beautiful animated series based on the book on JellyTelly. Each episode is right around 5 minutes.
5. Take a few minutes to pray together as a family. You can find some great prayer prompts on the JellyTelly 5 Minute Family Devotional companion blogs.
What about you? Have you found ways to nurture your family’s faith during the week when they’re not at Sunday School? What resources have been helpful to you? We’d love to hear your answers on our JellyTelly Facebook page!
About us - JellyTelly is a place where God is real and His Word is true. You’ll find plenty of resources here at JellyTelly Parents, including devotionals, blogs, and free activity downloads. You can also check out the JellyTelly app, the only streaming video app just for kids with hundreds of hours of shows and movies that they will love and you will trust.