Ezra: Old Testament Heroes - 5 Minute Family Devotional
Read the Bible story here: Ezra 7:7-10
More Questions for Your Family:
- Ezra went back to Jerusalem to teach the people there God’s law. Who are the people in your life who teach you about God?
- Ezra had to leave everything he knew to go to Jerusalem and teach people about God. There are still people today who do that same thing - they leave their home and go to other places and countries to teach people about God. We call them missionaries! Does your family know any missionaries? Where are they? Take a few minutes to pray for them.
Here are a few ideas for praying together as a family! Prayer is an important part of our life with God, and these questions are a great place to start developing a rhythm of prayer in your family.
- Have a quiet moment and remember that God is there with you!
- Look back over what happened today – where were you? Home? School? Church?
- What were the high points of your day? What made you happy today? Did you make someone else happy today? Talk to God and thank him for those things!
- What were the low points of your day? Did anything make you sad? Did you make anyone sad? Remember that God loves you very much and you are so important to God and nothing changes that but you can talk to God about those things.
- Think about tomorrow – Ask God to be with your family into the next day and to help you know that he is with you in all things.