Elijah: Old Testament Heroes - 5 Minute Family Devotional
Just starting the Old Testament Heroes plan? Catch up with all 25 family devotionals here.
Read the Bible story here: 1 Kings 19:9-15
More Questions for Your Family:
- Why did God want to Elijah to challenge the prophets of Baal? (The Israelites kept turning away from God and worshipping other fake gods.)
- What happened when the prophets of Baal tried to get their god to light the sacrifice on fire? What happened when Elijah asked God to do the same thing?
Here are a few ideas for praying together as a family! Prayer is an important part of our life with God, and these questions are a great place to start developing a rhythm of prayer in your family.
- Have a quiet moment and remember that God is there with you!
- Look back over what happened today – where were you? Home? School? Church?
- What were the high points of your day? What made you happy today? Did you make someone else happy today? Talk to God and thank him for those things!
- What were the low points of your day? Did anything make you sad? Did you make anyone sad? Remember that God loves you very much and you are so important to God and nothing changes that but you can talk to God about those things.
- Think about tomorrow – Ask God to be with your family into the next day and to help you know that he is with you in all things.