Daniel: Old Testament Heroes - 5 Minute Family Devotional
Just starting the Old Testament Heroes plan? Catch up with all 25 family devotionals here.
Sign up for JellyTelly to get a free 25-page activity pack to go along with the Old Testament Heroes devotionals or buy the activity pack here for just $1.99!
Read the Bible story here: Daniel 2:20-23
More Questions for Your Family:
Daniel’s story is so interesting! He loved and trusted God so much that he was willing to spend the night in a den full of lions! While you probably haven’t ever been trapped in a den of lions, there have probably been times you had to trust God when you were scared or nervous. Can you think of a time like that? Let’s think of a verse we could remember when we are scared and need to ask for Jesus’ help and presence.
Try Psalm 56:3 - When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. (ESV)
Here are a few ideas for praying together as a family! Prayer is an important part of our life with God, and these questions are a great place to start developing a rhythm of prayer in your family.
- Have a quiet moment and remember that God is there with you!
- Look back over what happened today – where were you? Home? School? Church?
- What were the high points of your day? What made you happy today? Did you make someone else happy today? Talk to God and thank him for those things!
- What were the low points of your day? Did anything make you sad? Did you make anyone sad? Remember that God loves you very much and you are so important to God and nothing changes that but you can talk to God about those things.
- Think about tomorrow – Ask God to be with your family into the next day and to help you know that he is with you in all things.