Cyrus: Old Testament Heroes - 5 Minute Family Devotional
Read the Bible story here: 2 Chronicles 36:22-23
More Questions for Your Family:
- The story of Cyrus is so amazing! God had promised that a king named Cyrus would send the Israelites back to Jerusalem, and then that happened! What are some other times in the Bible where God said something would happen and then it did?
- How do you think the Israelites, who had been living in exile away from their home, felt when Cyrus told them to go home?
Here are a few ideas for praying together as a family! Prayer is an important part of our life with God, and these questions are a great place to start developing a rhythm of prayer in your family.
- Have a quiet moment and remember that God is there with you!
- Look back over what happened today – where were you? Home? School? Church?
- What were the high points of your day? What made you happy today? Did you make someone else happy today? Talk to God and thank him for those things!
- What were the low points of your day? Did anything make you sad? Did you make anyone sad? Remember that God loves you very much and you are so important to God and nothing changes that but you can talk to God about those things.
- Think about the next day – Ask God to be with your family into the next day and to help you know that he is with you in all things.